So, if you’ve been following along with my blogs – you’d know that we’ve been talking a bit about carbo loading for training. And, you’d know that Ava is the queen of snack foods! Luckly enough for all of us I’ve got Ava back to share another perfect recipie!
The recipe I am sharing with you today is my Bite Sized Snack bars! They are easy to make and are full of protein, fiber, carbohydrates, wholegrains and healthy fats and sugars…..perfect for a swimmers snack! All my food and recipes are gluten free as I am gluten intolerant, but I also love experimenting with dairy free, vegan and vegetarian recipes as well!
Brown Rice Puffs – 2 cups
Quiona Flakes – 1/2 cup (or rolled oats)
Almonds – 1 cup
Dried Blueberries – 1/4 cup
Sultanas – 1/4 cup
Fine Desiccated Coconut – 1/4 cup
Cacao Nibs – 1/4 cup
Raw buckwheat – 1/4 cup
Chocolate Protein Powder – 2 tablespoons
Chia seeds – 1 tablespoon
Ground Cinnamon – 2 teaspoons
Pitted Dates – 1 cup
Water – 6 tablespoons
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees!
2. Crush almonds
3. Add brown rice puffs, quiuna flakes, crushed almonds, dired blueberries, sultanas, desiccated coconut, cacao nibs, buckwheat, chocolate powder, chia seeds and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine
4. Blend dates in a food processer until it becomes a sticky paste
5. Add the dates into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and combine while slowly adding in water
6. Line a baking dish with baking paper and transfer the mixture into the dish. Spread evenly and firmy press the mixture down.
7. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins.
8. Let the bars cool for ten mins then cut into pieces and enjoy!!
All of Ava’s recipes are on her Instagram page @eating_clean_with_ava and She has her own website where you can find all of her delicious recipies!